Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Whole Food's Inspired Fig & Almond Baked Brie

PARADISE is eating Whole Food's Fig & Almond Baked Brie!!  Mmmmadkjfoaiwjrcao MMMMMMM!

Since Thanksgiving, the tasty morsels of the flaky, buttery, yet, shimmer of fruity Brie has been in want.  Unfortunately, the stuffed Brie is a holiday special at Whole Food's, and can not be custom ordered year round.  HOWEVER, today, I conquered my food craving and thirst to create a new recipe (note: I barely EVER use recipes)

{{{{I apologize for a low quality picture. I devoured 1/4 of the scrumptiousness before I thought to post on my blog.  With haste, I ran for my cell phone!}}}}
Ingredients:
1 egg
Brie- cut to desired shape.  I attempted a circle
Fig spread - Trader Joes has a FANTASTIC spread
Diced almonds

1) Set oven to 375 degrees
2) Wrap many layers of phyllo dough around Brie
3) Brush phyllo with egg (I prefer the entire egg for a rich, buttery taste)
4) Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown
5) Cool for 15 minutes
6) Cover crevices with fig spread and diced almonds
7)  EAT MERRILY!

.......*ahem*  back to stuffing my chipmunks cheeks with this cheesy heaven.





1 comment:

  1. Hmmm I am not big on the fig but this sounds like a treat to be desired

    ReplyDelete