Saturday, December 3, 2011

Oh, Peabra Christmas Tree


PREACH IT, Laura...PREACH IT!

Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred.  We are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.                    ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

Laura's advice was duly noted. My absolute childhood love for Peacocks and Zebras joined together in holy matrimony & birthed a Peabra (?) themed Christmas tree!  Dare I say another version of the combined words, but I'm....ladylike, fine thank you.  *ahem* 


Plum Zebra Ribbon w an assortment of Peacocks.

Don't stop with your favorite items! Make them pop with a variety of complementing ornaments.

While my stores of choice for home goods are thrift shops, Michael's has AMAZING sales.  I mean, AMAZING! Watch for their sales, & use coupons for an additional discount.  Normally, I save 75% off their products, HENCE, half my Christmas tree supplies.  :)

You can see, I used lavender grapes, green Poinsettias, large white ball ornaments, beige-gold branches, mini purple ornaments, and teal leaves that resemble Peacock tails.



The Peacock ball ornament is my FAVORITE ornament of all time!  HomeGoods is phenomenal for unique, eclectic treasures.

 The magic of creating an elegant Peabra Christmas tree




1 comment: